We are proud to announce that our 2nd grader Maryum Malik has won second place in the school wide “Spelling Bee” competition. Alhamdulillah our lower elementary class was successful in competing against middle school!!!
2 Boxes of #2 pencils
1 Box of 24 crayons
1 Pack of 4 pink pearl erasers
1 Pack of construction paper
1 Pack of 4 glue sticks
2 Plastic pocket folders (1 red & 1 blue)
1 Plastic supply box, 4” x 8”
4 Composition books
2 Large boxes facial tissue (do not label)
2 Boxes of baby wipes
1 pair of metal pointed scissors
1 box colored pencils
1 box of markers
1 Dry Erase Board 9”x12” [Dollar Tree]
PROCEDURES AND EXPECTATIONS
2nd Grade 2011-2012
- Arrive to school on time at 7:55 AM.
- Quietly empty homework folders in the basket outside the classroom, then hang backpacks/ jackets/ lunch boxes in the assigned cubbies.
- Sit at the carpet for morning assembly, Quran recitation etc.
- Go to your seat for the assigned work.
- Short break of 10-12 minutes will be allowed for bathroom and snack break.
- Bring a healthy snack for mid-morning break, no candies, sodas or chewing gum allowed.
- After a call from teacher, put books and other materials away.
- Walk quietly to the cubbies, take your lunch box and back to the seat.
- Follow the sunnah—sit quietly and eat with your right hand.
- Clean up your area and get ready for recess.
Wudu and Salat procedures:
- Wait for your turn quietly at wudu station.
- Walk back to the prayer area, take a seat and make Dhikr till everyone is ready for salat.
End of the Day Procedures:
- Pack your homework folder
- Clean up your area and stack the chair
- Walk in line to the dismissal area in the gym.
*** Remember: Always be at your best behavior, line is a quiet place, and walk to your right.
I have read and explained the policies and procedures to my child. Sign: ______________
I understand what is expected of me in class. Student Signature: _______________
RULES, CONSEQUENCES, AND REWARDS
- Use Islamic manners at all times.
- Remain in your assigned area.
- Keep hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
- Complete tasks on time.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before speaking.
- Verbal warning
- 2. Non-verbal reminder (green card changes to yellow)
- 3. In- class suspension—Exclusion from fun activities (Yellow card changes to blue)
- 4.Note sent home (Blue card changes to Red card)
- Verbal Praise
- Bonus points earned
- Tangible Items earned
- Student of the week
- Special activity time
- Classroom jobs/ permission to run errands
- Peer tutoring
- Home work pass
- Recognition in the school news letter, announcements, or bulletin boards.
CLASS SCHEDULE 2011-2012
Arrival 7:55 AM
|9:15—9:30 AM||Snack/ bathroom break|
|10:15—11:30 AM||Reading/ Language Arts|
|12:15—12:45 PM||P.E/ centersMonday, Wednesday–girls
|1:46—2:15 PM||Islamic Studies|
|2:15—2:45 PM||Social Studies|
|2:39—3:19 PM||Computer LabStudy Island/ A.R|
|3:20—3:30 PM||Pack up/ dismissal|